FUNDRAISING & ADMINISTRATION ASSISTANT
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
- To assist the Fundraising and Administrative Coordinator and the Executive Director to carry out their responsibilities as assigned.
- To provide clerical support, data entry, reception and with organizing various fundraising events.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with office administrative tasks including data input, mailings and document preparation.
- Answer general inquiries via telephone or email as required ensuring professionalism, confidentiality and discretion as to how each inquiry is handled or passed on to the appropriate person.
- Greet visitors, and direct or assist as necessary.
- Assist with event summary reports and assist in processing tax receipts, as required.
- Assist with implementation of fundraising events as assigned by the Fundraising Coordinator and/or Event Committee.
- Assist with coordination of volunteer assignment per event.
- Work closely with staff and volunteers.
- Represent Hospice Muskoka at events in a professional manner.
Board of Directors Responsibilities
- Assist with circulation of committee meeting agendas, taking committee meeting notes, producing report and circulating to members of committee.
Safe Working Environment
- Comply with health and safety policies and the Ontario Health & Safety Act to ensure the safety of staff, clients and visitors.
- Ensure that duties are performed in a way consistent with established policies and procedures to ensure operational efficiency and quality performance.
The Fundraising and Administration Assistant requires:
- Preferred experience or education in comparable position within a not-for profit organization.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team environment.
- Demonstrate initiative, integrity and good judgment to prioritize and respond to multiple and competing tasks.
- Excellent computer skills; experience with database management; and proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of applications, including Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Knowledge of and comfort with various Social Media platforms
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A clean Criminal Records check.
Applicants must be students between the ages of 15-30. Please email your resume & cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, June 30, 2017.