CHPCA’s Hastened Death Committee has created a Q&A guide for Health Care Professionals and Hospice Palliative Care Professionals including volunteers, taking into consideration the practical, medical, legal, ethical – and of course patient-centred perspectives. The guide can help to navigate the conversion process with patients and their families who may ask about MAiD. The guide aims to keep the patient or person-centred perspective at the heart of these conversations, as they are at the heart of hospice palliative care.
Archives for June 2017
Please contact Joan Kennedy, Program Director, for more information or a camp application for any of our Summer Day Programs.
705-721-5437. ext 202 or email@example.com
July 11 Grief Busters Day Program Ages 8-12
July 25 & 26 Equine Assisted 2 day Grief Workshop Ages 8-12
Aug 8 Grief Busters Day Program Ages 8-12
Aug 15 & 16 Equine Assisted 2 day Grief Workshop Ages 13-16
Aug 20 – 25 Camp Maple Leaf 6days/5nights Ages 7-16
FUNDRAISING & ADMINISTRATION ASSISTANT
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
- To assist the Fundraising and Administrative Coordinator and the Executive Director to carry out their responsibilities as assigned.
- To provide clerical support, data entry, reception and with organizing various fundraising events.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with office administrative tasks including data input, mailings and document preparation.
- Answer general inquiries via telephone or email as required ensuring professionalism, confidentiality and discretion as to how each inquiry is handled or passed on to the appropriate person.
- Greet visitors, and direct or assist as necessary.
- Assist with event summary reports and assist in processing tax receipts, as required.
- Assist with implementation of fundraising events as assigned by the Fundraising Coordinator and/or Event Committee.
- Assist with coordination of volunteer assignment per event.
- Work closely with staff and volunteers.
- Represent Hospice Muskoka at events in a professional manner.
Board of Directors Responsibilities
- Assist with circulation of committee meeting agendas, taking committee meeting notes, producing report and circulating to members of committee.
Safe Working Environment
- Comply with health and safety policies and the Ontario Health & Safety Act to ensure the safety of staff, clients and visitors.
- Ensure that duties are performed in a way consistent with established policies and procedures to ensure operational efficiency and quality performance.
The Fundraising and Administration Assistant requires:
- Preferred experience or education in comparable position within a not-for profit organization.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team environment.
- Demonstrate initiative, integrity and good judgment to prioritize and respond to multiple and competing tasks.
- Excellent computer skills; experience with database management; and proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of applications, including Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Knowledge of and comfort with various Social Media platforms
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A clean Criminal Records check.
Applicants must be students between the ages of 15-30. Please email your resume & cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, June 30, 2017.